If you are into fitness and like your kids and you have two at age where they need a stroller, then a double jogging stroller is a must! Fortunately, like all things baby, you have some choices.
Lots Of Choices
It’s great to know that there is no much competition out there for your money. It can make the process somewhat confusing and drawn out, but on the other hand it also means there is lots of innovation and it means that your stroller pricing should be pretty competitive. I have tried out, rented or tested a number of double jogging strollers so I some knowledge in this regard. Theme parks by the way are a great place to rent and test out a stroller before you buy one. Of course, reviews from people like me can save you the trouble!
Things To Think About
There are some key things that I would suggest you have to have when buying a double jogging stroller. These are things that have made my life easier.
- Adjustable Handles – This is especially important if you share your jogging stroller with a mate. But I find day to day sometimes I just want to change the angle a little bit.
- MP3 Speakers – If you have kids in that unit, you better have something to entertain them besides sunshine and fresh air. Putting your kids songs on your MP3 player and hooking them up to the speakers is a great way to keep them occupied.
- Kids Tray – Your kids need their own drink and toy tray in front of them. It’s as much because it provides the likeness to Mommy and Daddy as for the convenience.
- Air Filled Tires – Big Ones – This is a very important requirement in my opinion. Big air filled tires will bounce your kids and your stroller over poorly cut curbs, holes in the road and bumpy trails. If you tires or wheels are small and rigid, it just doesn’t work as well. It will also be harder to push.
- Foldable And Easy To Take The Wheels Off – Your jogging stroller should fold down easily and nicely and you should be able to remove the wheels. It’s about the only way it’s going to fit in a car.
- Aluminum Frame – The frame should be made from a lighter metal like aluminum. As it is, you probably be dealing with 30 to 40 pounds worth of stroller. So a light metal and removable wheels are a must.
- Big Canopy’s – I like my kids to be in under big canopy’s that can fold down over them to keep them out of the sun. Also, if I need to put the rain cover on them, it keeps them warm and dry, but still somewhat roomy.